Monday, August 29, 2005

Thanks Missuz J

It does seem kind of silly, now, but I think someone else on this blog network said that deep down inside, we all really do like to talk about ourselves. And this challenge served as a pleasant distraction. So, without further adieu (that should've been on my list)...

7 Things I plan to do before I die:

1- Support a family (or at least contribute more than I do now) off my writing, which leads to…
2- Per our pact, buy a Harley for myself, and then one for my older brother.
3- Go to Europe, Central and South America
4- Probably Asia, too. And Australia
5- Stop smoking entirely.
6- Raise a child (I’m already partially involved in this, but it would be fun to try from the start)
7- Most importantly, make my girl happy until my last breath.

7 Things I can do:

1- Ride a bike with no hands for long distances while drinking tea from my travel mug.
2- Barbecue.
3- Recite most of “Raising Arizona.”
4- Sing a mean David Bowie, Waylon Jennings, and Neil Diamond.
5- Get along in a crowd of strangers.
6- Listen.
7- Finally give my love to a woman who appreciates and reciprocates.

7 Things I cannot do:

1- Not finish a book once I’ve started.
2- Easily admit when I’m wrong.
3- Play basketball.
4- Pull off most of Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant really could hit those high notes).
5- Do anything more mechanical under the hood than change the oil.
6- Watch “Chicago” again.
7- Imagine life without Jennifer.

7 Things I say most often:

1- Jiminy Christmas!
2- hmm. (as a way of avoiding comment)
3- Oh, for Hell’s sake.
4- Okay, then. (see #3 from Things I can do)
5- Hair of the dog
6- whatchoo’ talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?
7- I love you (glad to be able to use this one more than just with my parents)

7 Things that attract me to the opposite sex:

Well, I basically just like the opposite sex, in general, and have dated a few different brands and styles of women, but having finally found someone I feel truly compatible with, I’ll change this to

7 Things I love about Jennifer:

While she has other, more-refined tastes in these first three arenas, Jennifer loves
1- Beer,
2- Harder music, and
3- while she may watch through her fingers, she likes horror movies.
4- She has an artist’s soul.
5- Laughter. Lots of laughter.
6- Three words. best… sex… ever.
7- She’s just different enough from me to keep it interesting.

7 Celebrity crushes:

1- When I was younger, I really had a thing for Meg Ryan, but figuring that whole Dennis Quaid marriage was solid (oops), I gave it up. Since then, the only real celebrity crush I’ve had is on Fiona Apple.

7 People I’d like to do this list:

1- Pope Benedict XVI (do you think “become the Pope” would be on there?)
2- The President (although the “7 Things I can do” might be difficult)
3- God (there’s some serious comic potential in this one)
4- Albert Einstein (“Adaptation” anyone?)
5- Willie Nelson (mostly just for the 7 things he’d like to do before he dies)
6- I can’t think of anyone else, except for
7- My Tourjete. While unfortunately her new job won’t allow the continuance of her blogging (not that she minds that much, I believe, except for not being able to comment on others), I’d like to see her list. Maybe she’ll give it to me, and I’ll post it.

3 Comments:

Blogger amandak said...

Jen has a new job? Anything fun? Geez, I don't know jack about what's really going on out there.

Enjoyed your lists.

4:22 PM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

We all DO love to talk about ourselves, as near as I can tell. What's worse, we hope that people will respond to our talking about ourselves, so we can expand on what we've already said, or perhaps say yet more. Seven favorite sexual positions! Seven reasons I think French Actresses are hot! Seven most important bands of western Europe! Seven reasons I believe in God, seven reasons I don't believe in the Judeo-Christian tradition. If I let myself get carried away making lists, I'd do it all the time just to have something that others can read about the stuff I dig.

Your lists are fun. It IS enlightening to see what people like/say/think about, if only to get a feel for how they perceive themselves in relation to the world.

My word verification: eplprgl. Sounds very gastro-intestinal, or maybe like a synthesizer sound from a song by Aphex Twin or Neu.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Missuz J said...

I keep waiting for you to share your birthday party news! If you don't soon, I'm going to have to!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home